Unavailable till further notice
Free tours Since February 2019
Your Tourist Guide
TAILOR MADE FREE WALKING AND BIKE TOURS
Account holder: MOHAMED ZAIM
BBAN: Account number: 011450000001200004834937
Location AGENCE MARRAKECH MEDINA RUE MOULAY ISMAIL 40008 MARRAKECH Tél : 05 24 42 64 96
Do you need a short orientation tour in Marrakech ?
Visit of the Koutoubia mosque, (12th century) from outside. Then cross the Mellah quarter with its unique architecture. Your tour guide will show you some monuments on the way you may visit later: Badiaa Palace, Bahia Palace, Tiskiwin Museum, Dar Si Said Museum. Then head towards the Souks crossing one of the typical districts of the old city with its Derbs. In the second part of the tour, your guide will help you wander in the colorful labyrinths of the main Souks and discover different handicraft specialties and hundreds of shops. Walk along Musée de Marrakech, 16th-century Medersa Ben Youssef university, and the 11th-century Kouba Almoravide before heading back to the big square Jama el Fna. NB: - This is a short Orientation walking tour, simple and very useful to do at the beginning of your trip for a helpful orientation. - It is a tour to visit parts of the old city of Marrakech, it is not a historical tour to visit monuments but your tour guide will show you some monuments on the way you may visit later.
Meeting point at the side of the post office which is in front of the garden in Jamaa El Fna Square. There are 2 sides of the post. The first which is the main entrance of the post facing the big square and the second facing a garden. Our meeting point will be: In front of BARID CASH of the Post office in front of the garden. I will be wearing a white hat and holding a sign saying: ZAIM FREE GUIDED TOURS. A description of the location: "To be in the right meeting point, you first need to be in the big square called JEMAA EL FNA and then look for the post office and I'll be in front of BARID CASH of the post office in front of the garden. I repeat again: there are 2 sides of the post office. I'll be waiting at the other side of the post office, not the main entrance but at the other side where you will see a sign of BARID CASH on top of the door near the second ATM facing the garden. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Poste+du+Marocemail@example.com,-7.9912437,17z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x0:0x0!2zMzHCsDM3JzMzLjEiTiA3wrA1OScyMC42Ilc!3b1!8m2!3d31.625862!4d-7.989055!3m4!1s0xdafee430c6da011:0x64af00e0d6ee6762!8m2!3d31.6249798!4d-7.9895899
FREE WALKING TOUR
1- It's about a short Orientation walking tour and bike tours, simple and very useful to do at the beginning of your trip for a helpful orientation. 2- It is a tour to visit the center of the Medina, the old city of Marrakech, it is not a historical tour to visit monuments but your tour guide will show you some monuments on the way you may visit later. 3- Suitable clothes (covered enough) for women is required.
FREE WALKING TOUR 10:30 AM
FREE WALKING TOUR 2:30 PM
FREE SHOPPING TOUR 5 PM
I am a professional travel planner, personal shopper and tour guide since 1996.
I organize free walking tours since February 2019.
I studied tourism in the high international institute of tourism in Morocco and Dutch and some social work in the Netherlands.I speak fluent Arabic, Dutch, English, French and basic Italian.I am a guide who can listen to you and arrange tailor-made tours
CLICK HERE TO BOOK Tell us when Departures: at 10:30 AM, 2:15 PM, 5 PM .
GET A CONFIRMATION Information about the meeting point .
A FREE WALKING TOUR IN MARRAKECH
Speak To Our Expert at
FREE WALKING TOUR IN MARRAKECH!
1- SIMPLE WALKING TOUR 3 hours:
Visit of the Koutoubia mosque, (12th century) from outside.
Then cross the Mellah with its unique architecture.
Your tour guide will show you some monuments on the way you may visit later: Badiaa Palace, Bahia Palace, Tiskiwin Museum, Dar Si Said Museum...
Then head towards the Souks crossing one of the typical districts of the old city.
Your guide will help you wander in the colorful labyrinths of the main Souks and discover different handicraft specialties and hundreds of shops.
Walk along Musée de Marrakech, 16th-century Medersa Ben Youssef university, and the 11th-century Kouba Almoravide before heading back to the big square Jama el Fna.
- This is a short Orientation walking tour, simple and very useful to do at the beginning of your trip for a helpful orientation.
- It is a tour to visit parts of the old city of Marrakech, it is not a historical tour to visit monuments but your tour guide will show you some monuments on the way you may visit later.
2- MONUMENTS TOUR 3 hours:
Visit of the Koutoubia mosque (from outside), Bahia Palace, Medersa Ben Youssef, the famous Jamaa el Fna square and parts of the souks. More monuments (with extra time) are possible to visit: Dar sis Said museum (except Tuesday), or Tiskiwin museum Museum of Marrakech.
3- SOUKS TOUR 3 hours:
It is a visit to the main central handicraft Souks of Marrakech. Clients will have the opportunity to visit: Handicraft workplaces of ateliers and many shops.
4- FREE BIKE TOUR 2 hours 30:
Duration: 2 hours 30
Departure times: 2:30 PM.
Meeting point bij Pikalabikes. Beginning of the tour: biking through typical traditional districts of the medina towards Bab Doukkala, one of the famous gates of the monumental wall surrounding Marrakech. Cross the modern city Gueliz and head towards the train station.
Biking across Hivernage, the continuation of the modern city.
Your tour guide will show you the directions to Menara park.
Enter the old city again through Bab Jedid, visit the Koutoubia mosque from outside and then cross the Mellah.
Stop by Badiaa palace, Bahia palace, Tiskiwin museum, Dar si Said museum.
Cycle along Riad Zitoun Jedid towards Jemaa el Fna square. Cross one of the rich districts of the old city, Mouassine, stop by Jardin secret and visit a Foundouk.
Continue towards Medersa Ben Youssef, Musée de Marrakech, Alkoubba Almoravide and then walk through the main Souks before heading back towards the meeting point.
It is a short orientation guided bike tour to visit parts of the modern city, Gueliz, labyrinths inside the medina and discover some monuments.
This activity needs a bike. Your tour guide can book the bikes. Participants need to pay the bike rental.
-Great tour! We had a great time with the guide!
- We had a great time with Zaim! He showed us the most important parts of the city. Plus point: he did his tour in Dutch for us!
- Great experience! Zaim gives great historical, cultural, religious and local context to the realities of Morocco. Very insightful and enjoyable.
- Zaim was a great Tour guide. It was a short walking tour but nice if you want to get an introduction into Marrakech and spend more of your time exploring. I definitely recommend him
- Zaim was very kind. He showed us everything we wanted to see and a lot of pther interesting places. We can highly recommend his tour.
- Zaim is very polite and friendly! He even spend more time with us to show some other nice places of Marrakech.
- Nice tour, we had a pleasure walking with Zaim, he is very informative, calm and knowlegeable. Highly recommended
- Zaim knows how to conduct a relaxing but informative tour. His perfect English is delivered in a calm measured manner with no danger of a detailed lecture. Book him!
- Great orientation tour!! Overall it was very informative. Zaim was kind, friendly, flexible, and knowledgeable. Thank you!
- Zaim was a great guide, we had a very nice tour with him.
- Zaim helped us to get our bearings in the centre of Marrakech and helpfully answered all our questions. He gave us a lot of tips that have come in handy for the rest of our trip! Would definitely recommend friendly Zaim if you’re new to Marrakech
- Zaim was at meeting place before me. As I was the only one on the tour he showed me on a map where he normally goes. As I had explored a lot of the city already he tailor made it to particular places I wanted to see. Zaim is a courteous & knowledgeable gentleman & answered every question I asked! Highly recommended.
- Zaum is a great guide! Very informative overview of the city. Wish there would be a big tour! I can highly recommend.
- Grate way to get your bearings in your first day .
- Very informative about religion and history . The guide speaks quiet but we where in a small group
- Good tour
- Very interesting tour and a super bloke.
- We very much enjoyed Free walking tour with Zaim. He showed us the most important building and places in medina. He told us a lot and was willing to answer all our questions. I would recommend everybody that wants to know little bit more about Marrakech, not just shopping around.
- The Tour was very interesting! Zaim has a lot of knowledge about Marrakech! He was very open and adapted his tour according to our wishes. Thanks!
- Great tour to get an overview of the city. Can highly recommend it.
- Fantastic tour. Zaim gave us a comprehensive talk on Marrakech and some of the history of Morocco. He also let us know exactly how the tour would proceed and what to expect.
- Zaim was very friendly and helpful. He showed us around Marrakech and explained us the difference that the city suffered trough the years. He offered to help in case we need it for the following days.
- Zaim was very clear, knowledgeable, and funny. He was respectful and I would recommend to anyone to try a tour with him.
Great tour. Excellent guide. He was extremely knowledgeable & we learnt a lot about Marrakesh.
- Globally, we liked the tour. We liked to discuss politics with Zaim (who had very conservative views, opposite to ours) and got a lot of insights about the mindset and culture of Moroccan people.
- A wonderful experience and a must do tour.
- I Met up with Zaim at the meeting location, in front of the postoffice. We went on heading for the souks. Zaim was very professional. We Walked through every corner worth seeing, with a visit at the organic herb store.
- I would like to recommend this to everyone who are new to the City, or want a historical view with interest in Marrakesh.
- I really enjoyed this orientation tour. It was nice to have someone to walk through the Souks with and also to learn a lot about the culture. We got a lot out of the tour and would recommend it!
- Great tour! Thank you very much Zaim!
- Great tour, really recommend to enjoy spirit of the city
- It was an amazing tour (small group, only 3 people, we were so lucky that day :)), I loved Zaim calm way and relaxed way of talking especially in this loud and hectic city, it gives one a calming atmosphere. He is super friendly and has the most kind smile I've seen
- Great English level, no problem to communicate.
A FREE WALKING TOUR IN MARRAKECH
- The tour was fantastic, Zaim has a wonderful and calming demeanor that makes you feel very safe and welcome! He helps you get your bearings with the city and is very informative ! Would definitely recommend !
- He was very pleasent guide. Answered any questions we had.
- Great Tour!
- The tour was an interesting starter for the Marrakesh trip, and he could answer all additional questions we had. He points out all the main sights and since we were a relatively small group chatted with all of us during the walking parts and also waited wherever we wanted to take pictures. I think his general references to Islamic traditions are really good, especially since many sights after all still are mosques or often somehow related to the fact that Morocco is an Islamic country. The tour definitely fulfils what it takes to be a "Orientation Tour".
- Remember this is a free walking tour, and my score reflects that. Most critical comments in other reviews are true, but bear in mind that the man is walking you around the Medina in only 2 hours.
If you ask questions, he has the answers, he just doesn't have that reflex of talking about things outside of the tour.
- It is going to be a bit rushed. You wont have time to shop in souks or stop for many pictures. You literally walk through it. I ended up paying 50 mad per pers at rhe end,so considering that most tours charges at least twice that amount, I'd say I got my money s worth.
- It was a good tour. It started very slow and sometimes zaim speaks very softly. But he tells a lot about the medina and he will answer all you questions.
- Good tour!
- Still Zain is very nice and will answer your questions
- Zaim was a nice guide with knowledge on all the places. Would recommend this tour of you are new to Marrakesh
- We had a great walk through Marrakesh! Yet, in the end it seemed a little long but still informative
- Very good starter tour - Our guide was very knowledgable
- I liked the tour, the guide chose a good route and had a lot of in-depth knowledge of the city. I understood him very well and would do a tour with him again.
- Zaim knows his way around the souk in Marrakech very well, so if you are worried about getting lost there but still want to experience it, you will definitely benefit from his tour.
- Good tour. Guide on time and very informative. A good insight into the ain sights of Marrakech.
- Zaim was a very knowledgeable tour guide. He had a nice pace and told us some interesting insights about life in Marrakech.
- Lovely fella
- This is a very helpful tour to understand Marrakech, know about its history and how the city is organized. Zaim is an excellent and very helpful guide.
- Amazing tour! Zaim was everything you could possibly hope for: friendly, informative, kind and flexible. We ended up spending 3hours looking around and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Couldn’t recommend enough.
- I thought Zaim found a perfect balance between showing us around and providing not too much historical background.
- This was a helpful orientation tour of the medina and of the souks. Zaim was very informative and was happy to spend more than the allotted time to show us around.
Very nice tour, Zaim knows a lot of Marrakesh. He took us to pkaces where for sure we wouldnt have gone. Fully recommend him!!
- Good covered the city
- Great tour! Guide has a lot of interesting information and can answer a lot of questions and give good suggestions. Also knows a lot of languages!
- Great walking tour!!! Zaim is very kind and good guru. He showed us the best spot in Marrakech and also gave some information regarding the city.
- Zaim is very trustworthy guide and we felt super safe with him. He took us to places where we would never have gone on our own. He is very keen to answer all the questions and to recommend places.
- Zaim was a great guide. My friend and I learned a great deal about Marrakech and the Moroccan culture. Knowledgeable and gracious.
- Great guide. Zaim will explain a lot of facts about Marrakech history.
- Very Friendly and calm man
- The guy was perfect. He took us to all the places around the Medina and even inside the small streets in the markets. He explained us everything about history and religion,about the mosque. He advice us about some really good restaurant(we tried one and it was the best in Marrakech).
- Really good person, good English and he's learning Italian.
- We felt free to ask every question and really safe while we were walking around.
Highly recommend it.
- We enjoyed the walk. Zaim is very friendly and informative. He took us to places we'd not have ventured to without him. Marrakech was more approachable after the walk.
- Zaim was a great guide. He was very hospitable since he agreed to pick us up from our Riad and show us the way to Jemaa el Fna (sorry for our lateness!). Our group had 13 participants in total, which was a good size for the tour. Zaim provided us with a good overview of the city and had many interesting stories for us. The tour was in English (Zaim is a very proficient speaker) and it lastet 3 hours. All in all, we are very happy that we took the tour and got to meet Zaim. Shukran!
- Zaim gave us a group of about 13 people nice instruction to the Marrakech focusing on the medina or the around area of Jemaa el-Fna. We heard about the history of different places which you could visit another time, and the best part of this tour was the endlessly seeming souks or shopping alleys which you strolled almost half the time. You didn't really had time to stop to shop but this wasn't the point of this tour. It was fine. This helped us to know where to go back if you wanted to shop something. Be careful about the mopeds on narrow alleys. We will definitely recommend this tour.
- It was fantastic, we really like this tor Zaim is very friendly and full of local tips. We would definately recommend it.
- Really enjoyed the tour. Zaim was friendly and charismatic
- Mohammed is a great guide. He is kind, knows a lot and personalized the tour for us. Super recommended.